The Celebrate Recovery Ministry of Horizon Church is a Christ-centered, 12-step recovery program for anyone who is struggling with hurts, habits, or hang-ups. We believe that everyone has something they are struggling with, and we are here to help. We offer a safe and supportive environment where people can come to share their stories, find healing, and grow in their faith.
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.Romans 5:3-5
What To Expect
We meet every Tuesday night from 6:30-8:30 PM. A typical Tuesday night will consist of the following:
- Opening Prayer
- Announcements & Offering
- Read 12 Steps or 8 Principals
- Lesson or Testimony
- Serenity Prayer
- Small Groups
Every last Tuesday of the month is Birthday Night where we will celebrate our victories over our hurts, hang-ups and habits.
By working through the lessons and exercises found in each of The Journey Begins—four Participant’s Guides, you will begin to experience the true peace and serenity you have been seeking, restore and develop stronger relationships with others and with God, and find freedom from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits. A step study is taken in the context of a gender specific small group which meets once per week for up to 2 hours. All meetings follow five small group guidelines intended to help keep meetings safe and productive for everyone. There is no obligation to stay and registration is not required.
Maintaining a high level of safety and integrity is essential to all Celebrate Recovery groups. Below are some general guidelines and rules regarding group settings.
- Always keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Use “I” and “me” statements. Please limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
- Please, no cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in a dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group! The only exception is when someone threatens to harm themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
We believe that Celebrate Recovery is a powerful tool for healing and transformation. If you are struggling with something, we encourage you to come and check us out. We would love to help you find healing and hope.
Visit the Celebrate Recovery website for more information. For questions, please contact Pastor Garrick at (916) 371-3458.